Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shorts and Jackets

Mary Kate Olsen, Anne Hathaway, Nicky Hilton. Images by Zimbio.com

I know it might already be getting a little cold for this, but I love the blazer and shorts look. I personally prefer it with flats since short shorts and heels can be a bit much for me. With this look anything goes, so pair a serious structured blazer with bright shorts, accessories, some cool flats, and leggings and you can really go from day to night no matter where you're going.
My inspiration for this today was watching one of my favorites, Isaac Mizrahi, doing one of his webisodes. Click here to watch him talk about blazers and shorts. And check out below a great outfit that fits this look.
Play around with different ideas, so try a cream colored blazer, like this one by Redley from Toucan Boutique.

And if you are not a fan of short shorts, this modern trouser-cut pair of long shorts would work too.
To finish off the look, try these super comfy flats, also from Redley, and for some color add this Indian inspired long necklace from Cantao.

No comments:

Post a Comment